MUST is designed to follow the way developers think about upsizing and
migrating applications. The product is portable and easy to use, all you
need is a copy of Microsoft® Access™ 2000, XP/2003, 2007, 2010 to use the tool,
and you can use a different copy of the application for each of your
projects. Access 97 database can be upsized, but they must first be
converted to 2000 or later format.
The product aims to not only identify, but also automatically FIX common problems, such as adding
primary keys to Access tables, excluding duplicate and non-selective indexing,
identifying and in some cases purifying data for inconsistencies such as required
field issues and illegal date issues. Both unsecured and
secured databases can be processed, and the tool will create a security mapping to create database roles and schema
security on SQL Server.
Each section below provides the process of upsizing applications:
- Specify Schemas to split single or multiple databases into manageable
- Select to create TIMESTAMP columns, create Table Synonyms, Add Keys to
un-keyed tables, Add Auditing Fields to Tables, Translate Allow Zero
Length field specifications to checks if required, automatic generation
of Trigger Code for any Unique Indexes With Ignore Null Problem,
automatic generation of Trigger code for Table Validation Rules.
- Specify data type mappings for SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012 and customise for
Access specific versions.
- Specify patterns to identify tables for exclusion such as "Paste
Errors"; subsequently you can review and exclude tables.
- Select multiple databases, Batch and Single Processing modes
- Review Tables and Table rules, change table names and field names in
- Review Fields and Field level validation.
- Review Indexing.
- Review Relationships.
- Change logs record all fixes made to your design and databases.
- Error Logs record and issues that occur, and allows automatic error
- Decide on which matched tables to exclude.
- Tune Indexing, removing non-selective indexing, duplicate indexes,
auto-create missing foreign key indexes.
- Automatically translate Unique Indexes With Ignore Null to SQL Server
- Check and fix table structure problems such as missing primary keys.
- Check and fix table data problems, such as dates and required fields,
displays tables of data with illegal dates and option to automatically
fix the data.
- Correct handling of Hyperlink, Memo and OLE Object issues surrounding
table structure and indexing.
- Isolate invalid SQL data types for primary keys, some access primary
key choices that can not translate to SQL server.
- Identify and define mapping corrections for relationship problems with
data type miss-matches.
- Create a SQL Server database or go for the scripting option to
generate T-SQL Scripts.
- Migrate table structures.
- Migrate data sets.
- Monitor migration progress on SQL Server using progress logging.
- Use a unique Block Transfer Techniques for optimum performance and
error detection with direct migration to attached SQL Server.
- Add Indexing after migrating data.
- Add relationships and check constraints after migrating data.
- Create database roles and map schema security.
- Create users and map to database roles.
- Re-link Access databases from back-ends to SQL Server if upsizing.
MUST can replace all your Access Table Links with SQL Server Table links
at the press of a button.
- Re-import data or regenerate structures into fresh databases.
- Re-link Access databases for path changes when moving from development
to client environments.
- Generate SQL Scripts to create all your tables
- Generate SQL Scripts to import from SQL Server using Access OLEDB
provider (SQL Server 2005/2008 Only, only direct Migration of data is
supported on SQL Server 200).
- Generate SQL Scripts to add Relationships and Indexing.
- Identifies all Queries in an Access Application
- Converts all Queries to Viewes & Stored Procedures
- Identifies all Query Parameters & references to screen parameters, such as Forms! etc.
- Generation of parameters table and user view
- Addition of CROSS JOINS to SQL supporting existing parameters
- Adaption of SQL to multi-layered nested queries supporting complex calculations
- Identification of Query layering & dependencies
- Pick a query and all dependents for selective conversion
- Identification of VBA Function calls
- Conversion of Access functions to SQL Server functions
- SQL Server function library
- Converts queries for Access databases already linked to SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012
- Re-packages form/report and control SQL to SQL Server Views
- Re-links form/report and control SQL to SQL Server Views
- Generates prompting web forms for reporting
- Converts forms and subforms to a combination of web form DetailsView and GridView controls
- Allows selection of filter/search criteria and generates popups for locating records
- Supports integration with reports using Report Server
- Requires reports to be converted using a Report Server Project
- Utilises Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer Express
- Creates site navigation website map
- Supports intergrated security and SQL Server login security
- Generates code using vb.net for error handling
Top of Page
- Access 97 (require conversion to a more recent format)
- Access 2000
- Access XP/2002
- Access 2003
- Access 2007, accdb format supported (excludes new data types at
- Access 2010 (both 32/64 bit versions)